Vertical landscaping is the classic method of registering a plot with clinging and curling flowers.Thanks to this simple method it goes out to decorate the facades of houses, disguise the ugly sides and various defects, create a shadow near the house so that it does not heat up in the summer. In addition, it creates a good microclimate. Usually for this purpose, the walls of buildings, various structures for plant support are involved. Inflorescences can be applied alone and combined with other species.
Variants of constructions
Everyone can independently make vertical gardening by their own hands. It is not difficult. In addition, many simple designs are now known, which everyone can build on their own, and this will not take long.
A living wall is a very simple option. It is necessary to build a structure of metal or wooden frames. Inside, pull the wire or cords to support the flowers. To make a frame, metal profiles or boards are usually used. They have a support function, to which the upper and lower shelves are fixed. To join the parts, nails are used (in the case of boards) or screws and bolts (if the parts are metal). Then you need to pull the cords inside, the distance between which should be about 25 cm. This is the simplest design. Such a wall of flowers will look beautiful anywhere. By the way, if the frame is not large in size, then the supports can be buried in the ground (if on the street). If it is quite massive, it is best to concrete the supports.
The apartment is also equipped with green walls. This is a relatively new trend.Caring for living walls is quite difficult, but there are special designs that already provide for irrigation, irrigation and lighting. In the office you can equip not only the wall, but also a simpler version – a picture on the wall of flowers. Usually, different succulents are used for this.
Another simple vertical landscaping in the country with their own hands is the use of tapestries.These are lattice-type constructions made of plastic, metal products or boards. It consists of a dense frame and thin racks located inside. Such a design for vertical landscaping is attached to pergolas, walls of houses. It can also be used as an independent element. Usually it is used when it is necessary to divide the whole section into functional zones or to create a corner with a closed space.
It is recommended to use wood as a material. First you need to make a frame of thick bars. It has not only a decorative purpose, but also functions as a support, prevents the appearance of deformation due to the weight of the flowers. Inside the frame begin to fasten the thin cross-pieces crosswise with a cross section of 2.5 cm. As a result, squares or rhombs with a side length of about 10 cm are obtained. If the distance is less, the structure will appear more severe in appearance. Then the trellis needs to be fixed in an upright position, for example on a wall, or put on supports that are buried in depressions in the ground.
Another vertical landscaping in the interior and exterior – the arch, which is all embroidered with flowers and greens. Typically, this design is installed in the garden on the tracks, sometimes you can meet as a decorative element in the room, but its dimensions will be much smaller.
Make an arch of flowers with your own hands is easy. You will need reinforcing bars as a support. They need to be bent and connected. The total length of the rods is about 8 m. It’s enough to build an arch, under which a man can pass. Concrete supports will not be needed, since the construction is not heavy.
Pergola is a green wall, which you can easily make with your own hands. This is a building that includes several columns arranged in a row. They support a horizontal structure in the form of a lattice. As a result, there is a green corridor, which can connect different parts of the garden.
Choosing the material for pergolas, you need to consider the style in which the garden is decorated. If the paths and the house are made of stone or brick, then this material is best for decorating the pergola. If the house is built in a modern style, it is recommended to choose metal pipes and fix them with a foundation of concrete. In most cases, the pergola is made of wood and is decorated with many plants. It looks easy, elegant and beautiful. Excellent decorate the garden.
Vertical flower beds
Vertical flower beds will look beautiful in the yard. They can look like a vertical green wall, a pyramid, a screen, a sculpture. There are ready-made designs that can be purchased in stores.You can build them yourself. Vertical flower bed is a design where flowers are arranged on different tiers. Vertical landscaping of the fence in this way looks unusual, but practical and beautiful. For such beds use flower pots, plastic bottles of different volume, large plastic bags, etc. Kashpo will also look nice. These are pots with plants that are suspended. By the way, on vertical flower beds you can grow not only flowers, but also greens. For example, dill, basil, parsley and other herbs. By the way, in an apartment or other premises, you can also arrange vertical flower beds, and not just on the street.
Landscaping of walls can be carried out without any additional structures. Just near the facade planted plants that curl and cling antennae and branches, air roots behind the wall itself. Usually ivy, girlish grapes, creeping hydrangeas and other climbing plants are used for this. You can choose many other lianas and similar colors.
Plants for vertical gardening
When decorating your garden, you must carefully choose flowers in order to achieve a good result. You can use many plants. For example, for this clematis, ivy, morning glory, grapes, melodia, heder, sweet peas, lobey, honeysuckle, actinium, wicker roses, etc., will do.
Carrying out gardening of the walls, it is necessary to take into account the nuances of the chosen colors:
- The girl’s grapes. This liana is quite large. It is considered deciduous. It can grow under direct sunlight, and in the shade. The flower is considered very unpretentious.For almost any soil suitable for these plants. It is also not necessary to cover them before the freezing starts. Rather quickly grows – up to about 4 m per year. Because of this, its development and growth should be limited and pruned. In autumn, the leaves of the beautiful form acquire a red tint, which is very unusual. Reproduction is very simple – even a fallen branch is able to take root.
- Amur grapes. In many ways, these plants are very similar to the girlish grapes. It is considered very popular and is often used to decorate the garden. It is well tolerated by the cold and the winter. Berries are edible, from them wine and jam are prepared.
- Hop. A characteristic feature of these plants is unpretentiousness. In addition, hop is not only beautiful in appearance, but also has medicinal properties. It is used to prepare decoctions and infusions from various diseases. The disadvantage is its rapid growth, so that it spills more and more space. Because of this hops need to be pruned and controlled. The penumbra and shadow are the best, but it feels good under direct sunlight. For the winter you do not need to insulate.
- Clematis. This is also a climbing plant. Clematis is distinguished by large, beautiful, even luxurious inflorescences. They have different shades: violet, blue, burgundy, white, black, lilac, pink. In gardens, the emphasis should be on clematis. These plants are also unpretentious, but they need to be watered and fed regularly. Before the onset of cold snap the flower needs to be insulated. Uses a conventional lapnik. The beautiful view is preserved until November. Clematis can not grow on acid soil. It does not fit places with stagnation of water or too sunny areas. In the first case, roots begin to rot, and in the second case, burns occur. A mesh is always used for support.
- Honeysuckle caprylic. These plants have beautiful fishnet inflorescences of peach hue and a pleasant aroma. Quickly weave the supports. First you need to monitor the shoots and guide them. Before hibernation, there is no need to shelter plants.
- A braided rose. If you look after her properly, it will look luxurious. It is necessary to tie the shoots to the support. Before wintering, remove the branches from the frame and cover them with billet. There are varieties with lush bloom. Inflorescences come in different shades – white, yellow, pink, crimson, red.
- Actinidia. Has beautiful leaves and inflorescences. Berries have medicinal properties. We need to closely monitor the shoots. Around the actinidia should put the grid and do not remove it for at least 2 years. So you can save it from pets.
Oddly enough, moss is also used to decorate green walls. It’s in the woods it seems plain, but in fact it is perfect for decorating walls. It is actively used for interior decoration. Beautiful walls are obtained in the bathroom and other rooms. They are decorated with walls, roofs, various designs.The advantage of moss is that this material is environmentally friendly, not predisposed to various diseases. Has hypoallergenic properties. Lives on average for 5 years. Design can be chosen and simple, and complex. Spray planting is only used once a week.
Advantages and disadvantages of vertical gardening
Vertical landscaping is an interesting way to decorate the interior and exterior of a house. This method has the following advantages:
- The ability to use a variety of types of flowers with different leaves, inflorescences.
- Thanks to a large number of leaves creates a shadow and coolness. In addition, because of the play of light and shadow, you can achieve various decorative effects.
- The flowers look impressive.
- Foliage can be located on the support unpredictably, making the garden not ideal, but unique, unusual, with a hint of savagery.
- Flowers grow quickly. Thanks to this, you can make out not only walls, but also create real green sculptures.
It is necessary to take into account the rules of vertical gardening. First, it is forbidden to use several species of lianas in one territory at once. This is due to the fact that they will quickly grow up and will oppress each other, trying to win more space, and not reveal their beauty. Secondly, it must be remembered that lianas grow rapidly. In addition, they are able to change their appearance depending on the season.
It is also necessary to take into account the shortcomings of vertical gardening. They are as follows:
- On the walls, because of the multitude of colors, moisture accumulates. Due to dampness, this method of decoration on the north and north-west side can not be used.
- Because of plants, sunlight does not enter the windows.
- Some flowers cause an allergic reaction.
- Some flowers have a too powerful root system, so they can gradually destroy the foundation of the house and the sidewalks near which they grow.
Vertical landscaping with their own hands is a very simple and beautiful method of decorating a green wall. There are many options for equipping the structure for vertical landscaping. You can use various designs, not only curly, but also mosses, shrubs, it already depends on the method of arrangement. This design improves the microclimate on the site or in the house, creates a shadow, enriches the air with oxygen. In this way, it is possible to disguise various shortcomings, defects in the wall and structures. Living walls look beautiful both in the street and in the apartment.